The Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC), in partnership with Caltrans, is investing approximately $455 million to improve I-15 between Cajalco Road and State Rout e 60 (SR-60). The project will add two tolled express lanes in each direction on I-15 between Cajalco Road and SR-60, a distance of approximately 15 miles. An enhanced feature of this project is that drivers will be able to access and exit the tolled facility at multiple locations, and the project continues RCTC’s ongoing commitment to expand the express lanes network.
- Improve existing and future mobility along the
- Reduce congestion and improve traffic operations
- Provide a time-saving travel choice with multiple entry / exit points
- Expand the tolled express lane network
- Increase travel time reliability
RCTC is proceeding with a design-build process to expedite delivery of the project and minimize construction costs. A number of project delivery innovations have been developed on the recent 91 Project and will be implemented on this effort.
Design-Build Contract Awarded April 12, 2017
Construction Begins 2018
Express Lanes Open to Cars Mid-2020
Ingress, Egress Detail